- Let's talk first about IoT platforms in general. How do they function and what is their purpose?
- What in your opinion are the most important criteria for a quality IoT platform?
- Are different platforms better suited to different application scenarios, and if so, what are the differences?
- How can a company choose the best IoT platform for their requirements?
- So what should platform providers do to support companies better?
- Lastly, who has or should have control of the data on an IoT platform?
Dr. Bettina Horster is Head of Business Development at VIVAI Software AG and is responsible for the area IoT (Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, M2M), and Director of IoT in eco – Association of the Internet Industry. Since 2009 she has been involved with the Internet of Things and is a pioneer in the field. She is currently also project leader for the IoT- EU project “Smart Service Power – technikgestütztes, altersgerechtes Wohnen im Quartier” (for IoT-assisted aged care in the own home), and recently won the UN NGOs Diplomatic Council “Information Society Award”, and was finalist in the UN “World Summit on the Information Society” prize.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.