How SMEs Can Approach Digital Transformation
Joining the IoT revolution can be particularly daunting for small and medium-sized enterprises. Dr. Bettina Horster, Board Member, VIVAI Software AG & Director of IoT at eco, talked to dotmagazine about how SMEs can approach digital transformation and why they should do so.
Listen to the around 13-minute interview above, read the transcript, download the audio for later, or jump to the individual questions here:
- What are the most exciting projects you've seen or have been a part of in the area of industrial IoT?
- What impact has the IoT revolution had on manufacturing and the products that are manufactured?
- Should companies be trying to digitalize their entire production process or only parts of it?
- How do you see the employment market being affected by digitalizing production processes?
- What steps do companies need to take to transform their factories from purely mechanical to digital smart plants?
- Why is it so hard to go through the process of becoming an Industry 4.0 company? What are the barriers?
- What advice would you offer a company embarking on digital transformation?
Dr. Bettina Horster is Head of Business Development at VIVAI Software AG and is responsible for the area IoT (Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, M2M), and Director of IoT in eco – Association of the Internet Industry. Since 2009 she has been involved with the Internet of Things and is a pioneer in the field. She is currently also project leader for the IoT- EU project “Smart Service Power – technikgestütztes, altersgerechtes Wohnen im Quartier” (for IoT-assisted aged care in the own home), and recently won the UN NGOs Diplomatic Council “Information Society Award”, and was finalist in the UN “World Summit on the Information Society” prize.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.