Building the Internet of Tomorrow – Call for Contributions
dotmagazine’s Call for Contributions on how to advance the capabilities of the digital landscape and digital infrastructures.
In the future, the Internet will provide users with augmented perceptions of the real world, as well as unparalleled real-time services and interaction. As a result, the service sector, manufacturing sector, marketing sector, and all vertical industries will experience new business opportunities. Increasingly, real-time processing power must be allocated closer to the location of operation, devices, and users. To ensure that everyone, everywhere can access the Internet, digital infrastructure will need to be distributed across a much broader geographical area.
For the issue on “Building the Internet of Tomorrow” in November/December 2023, dotmagazine welcomes articles from members, partners and customers of the eco Association/DE-CIX Group that highlight the importance of latency and performance for modern use cases, provide insight into the challenges and potential of building out infrastructure to the edge of the networks, and present projects which advance capabilities of digital landscape and digital infrastructures.
- Submissions date for Part I: 25 Oct 2023
- Submissions date for Part II: 15 Nov 2023
We’d welcome stories looking at digital acceleration from the perspectives of
- Business and Use Cases that build on edge infrastructure, e.g. manufacturing, smart environments, digital services, AI-supported services etc.
- Use cases on digital landscapes converging physical and digital realities
- Other use cases
- Roll-out of connectivity: fiber, 5G & satellite
- Edge data centers and building out into the regions
- Developments in the cloud sector that both drive and support the development
- Interconnection as a basis of connectivity
- Next generation digital technologies
- Business potential of VR, AR, AI, IoT, etc.
- Outlook: The potential not yet tapped
Contributions can take the form of
- Articles offering advice or tips & tricks (link to template)
- Case studies (link to template)
You have a related burning topic that doesn’t fit into the categories above? Talk to us! email@example.com
Please note: your contribution should not be too technical – the focus should be more on the strategic level.
How to submit a contribution
- Given that the goal of the eco Association – as publisher of dotmagazine – is the responsible shaping of the Internet, promoting diversity is in our deepest interest. To boost the profile of women in the Internet industry, we are particularly keen to have the voices of women heard in our industry insights. We therefore especially welcome articles, quotes, and case studies which are (co-)written by, feature or quote Women in Tech.
- For information on dotmagazine style requirements, please see the eco Guidelines for Contributors. By submitting a contribution to dotmagazine, you agree to these guidelines.
- For the purposes of planning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting a contribution.
- To subscribe to the dotmagazine newsletter, sign up here.